Goddess Ground Rules
It's been a tough week so this morning I sat down and reminded myself of my own ground rules and the respect I have for myself during this season. It felt universal, so want to share in case it speaks to any of you. We set our own rules and teach people how to treat us.
"There are two kinds of women. Doormats and Goddesses."– Pablo Picasso
I choose Goddess.
1. I will not allow other people to define my spiritual health. I alone am responsible for the care of my own soul. This matter is between myself and God alone.
2. My health journey is shaped by my internal instincts and guidance. I do not have to explain or defend my course of actions to anyone. Unless someone has walked in my shoes, they do not get to judge.
3. I will not tolerate any disrespectful comments on my Facebook page. My Facebook page is an extension of myself and is a place for supportive community dialogue and the respectful exchanging of ideas. I will not become a punching bag for other people’s projected resentment and anger. Exercising boundaries on social media is essential for respect and self- care.
4. I will continue to cultivate courage in the areas of self-expression and owning my inner power. I will not shrink down or be silenced when someone else feels threatened by my truth. I also recognize that silence and ghosting is a form of shaming someone in an effort to silence them. It will not curtail me.
5. I will actively stand-up for myself and not allow passive aggressive behaviors from others in my life.
6. I am a strong, capable woman. I am no longer a girl.
7. I will not spend time with people that do not encourage my spirit or have my best interest in mind. I have intuition. God gave it to us for a reason, so trust it. If it feels like someone is mistreating you, they are. If their actions and behavior do not align with their words, this is a form of manipulation. There is a psychological term for it called gaslighting.
8. I will not spend my time or energy for people that cannot or will not understand me. I am a gift to the world like every child of God, but I am not for everyone. Practice shaking off the dust and move on when necessary. Don’t water the rocks.
9. My inner circle will only consist of people who completely support my destiny and calling to champion the voice of women and those marginalized.
10. I will not engage in any activity that does not align to a core value of mine.
11. I will not write about topics that are still open wounds. There are some topics that are still too raw and fresh to open myself up to discussion outside of my inner circle.
12. I will continually seek to learn and understand from people who have had a different life experience than my own to stretch my comfort zone.
13. I will practice self-care in the areas of time management, treating my body well and setting strong internal and external boundaries.
14. I trust that I will be guided to the people and resources that I need in my life for whatever circumstance or situation presents itself.